søndag 23. oktober 2011

My three first days here

I spent the first and second day mostly at the beach, and I dined at the hotel. Nothing special to say about that other then the fact that their beaches are fantastic!

The third day I spent learning history! Sounds boring, right? Well history isn`t that bad when it contains large amount of pirate stories! Even the famous pirate Blackbird found the way to Bahamas. Amazing, right? But sadly the government realized that a country ranked as heaven for pirates would not be such a good idea, so they made it a british colony in 1783.

The Bahamas became a independent country in 1964, and still is.

Going out for some dinner now, I`ll write more soon!

-Espen

Picture taken from: http://www.cheapholidays24.co.uk/images/cheap-holidays/bahamas/bahamas.jpg

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar