søndag 23. oktober 2011

You´ll never guess...

...who I met today, Hubert Ingraham. He´s the prime minister of Bahamas. Seems like a great guy, a bit hard to talk to though. Seemed like he had no interests in me since I´m just some guy from Norway. I met him at a conference he attended. My guide arranged a meeting with him. Not the kind of meeting I would have, but a brief handshake and some sentences about the lovely weather and the nice beaches.

After the meeting with him I wanted to connect with the real people of the Bahamas, so I went to a local restaurant. The staff at this restaurant were really chill, and it helped the restaurant get a simple and friendly atmosphere. With the lovely Caribbean style music on the speakers, and some fresh sea food on the table, this was the best way to end a great vacation at the Bahamas.

I truly got the impression of a warm and welcoming people with no care for material things. My plane leaves early tomorrow, so guess this will be my last blogpost from my hotel room.

thanks for reading!

-Espen 

Picture taken from: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/58/Hubert_Ingraham.jpg/220px-Hubert_Ingraham.jpg

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar